I wished that all of the world was white. The trees and ground, every piece of everything, so that I could see all the darkness. Everything that creeps in the night is so dark and hidden, it has such an advantage. It doesn’t seem fair. If they can see me, then I should be able to see them. I wanted to see what was walking in the woods, and what made up the shadows on the hill and under the trees.
The sky tried her hardest, but she could never reveal everything. Not even she can open up the night. And that damn moon, as always, was no where to be seen.
I think he fell in love with the child of me. The child that picked up acorns and left them in jars until they would rot and mold. The child that sat in the woods constantly looking for something. Anything
I don’t go in the woods much anymore. Its only a disappointment to me now. I never found what I was looking for. Whether it was a pile of bones, or an abandoned house, or one of those crazy mountain men that snatch girls up for wives and make them do their dead wife’s chores. I saw a special about that on the TV.
I always went searching for the most terrible things. I wanted something to give me a reason. But all the woods ever gave me was silence and an unnecessary fear of the dark.
1,000,000,000,000,000 is one quadrillion, just in case you were wondering. At least I think so. Its hard to tell how reliable the ole wikipedia is these days. Some people say it’s garbage, but some people say people are garbage, so who knows. Theres not a quadrillion stars in our galaxy.
missin’ NC ♡
5. Yellow Assassin Bug (of family Reduviidae)
The photo features a Yellow Assassin Bug Nymph. This species of Assassin bug is native to Thailand
- Assassin bugs lie in ambush for their insect prey. Then, they attack the victim with a lethal toxin.
- They are extremely fast and carnivorous. Their front legs are sticky to stop prey escaping.
- The toxins in their saliva begins to work immediately. It has been known to only take 4 seconds to kill cockroaches, and 10 seconds to kill cockroaches 400x their size.
- Their lethal toxin can cause temporary blindness in humans.
Follow for a new, interesting insect every day!
—Between The Bars